Who are we?
Lifemortgage UK Ltd is a limited company registered in Scotland No. SC 570501 with its head office at 29-31 Burrell Street, Crieff, Perhshire, PH7 4DT. Lifemortgage UK Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Britannia Financial (UK) Ltd a limited company registered in Scotland No. SC 431527 with its head office at 23 Brighouse Park Cross, Edinburgh, EH4 6GZ which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and are entered in the Financial Services Register (http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do). The Financial Services No. of Lifemortgage UK Ltd is 784210 and the Financial Services No. of Britannia Financial (UK) Ltd is 776344.
What Information do we collect?
When clients register on our website, complete any of our enquiry forms or respond to any survey we may launch the information we gather may include: i) Your name, ii) Your postal address, iii) Your e-mail address iv) Your contact telephone number, v) The value of your residential property vi) The value of any outstanding secured debt on your property, vii) Your age, viii) Your contact preferences ix) Your IP address Please note: There is no obligation or requirement for any of our clients to enter any personal information whatsoever, as they have the right to remain anonymous while visiting our website. However, any information provided will be deemed offered voluntarily by clients and treated in the strictest confidence by us.
What we do with your information?
What we do with your information may include:
- To initially process your enquiry which may include sending out a brochure highlighting our services.
- Calling you, if requested by you, and arranging an appointment with you and one of our Advisers at a suitable time convenient to you.
- To ultimately process any of our services or products requested by you which may include the sharing with you of information relevant to your order and keeping you apprised of developments throughout the order process.
- We may use your e mail address to send you information periodically about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. You will always have the option to opt-out from all and any future correspondence as per the terms of our 'Opt-out' Policy below.
- To improve the functionality of our Website using any feedback received from you.
- To enhance and improve our customer service using any feedback from you.
- To carry out market research from time to time.
- To service and administer any promotions and prize draws we may run from time to time.
Our 'Opt-out' Policy:
Once you have registered your information with us via our Website you can change your mind about receiving e mail and postal correspondence from us by either writing to us at: The Principal, Britannia Financial UK Ltd 23 Brighouse Park Cross, Edinburgh.EH4 6GZ or by clicking on our 'unsubscribe' button at the foot of each e mail.
Do we disclose your information?
We will not sell, share or otherwise convey your 'personally identifiable information' to external parties other than to trusted third parties who assist us in:
- Providing to you the product or service ordered by you.
- Maintaining and operating our Website.
- Executing our business.
- Processing and monitoring data on how clients use our Website.
Furthermore, these trusted third parties will all agree to keep your 'personally identifiable information' strictly private and confidential and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent amendments.
We may pass your 'personally identifiable information' to:
- Verify your identity and contact information with external data bureaus.
- Law enforcement agencies to comply with the Law.
- Protect our legal rights, to promote our safety and to protect our property, intellectual and otherwise and those of our trusted third parties.
- Collection agencies in the event of default of any contractual obligations.
'Non-personally identifiable information' may however, be used by trusted third parties for marketing, processing and sorting of data and for advertising purposes.
'Third Party' Linked sites:
We may at our discretion offer on this website 'third party' products or services who have, themselves, their own privacy policies. We respectfully request that when using these 'linked' sites that users familiarise themselves with the privacy policies of the linked sites. We accordingly, assume no responsibility or liability for their content of these associated or linked sites nor does the appearance of third party linked sites imply endorsement from us to the goods and services of the linked sites.
Lifemortgage Uk Ltd may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. Lifemortgage Uk Ltd may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Lifemortgage Uk Ltd does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Corrections, Updates & accessing your information:
If at any time, you would like to correct, update or request a copy of all the information we hold on you please send your request in writing to: Britannia Financial UK Ltd, 23 Brighouse Park Cross, Edinburgh, EH4 6GZ. Alternatively, you may e mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 3128030.
COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act):
We will never collect any information from minors under the age of 13 which is in full compliance of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Protecting your information:
All the information we collect via this website is encrypted and delivered to us through a secure environment. We use rigorous methods in doing so to ensure your private information is appropriately protected. E mails sent by us to your e mail address are not secure, accordingly we will never include any of your personal identifying information by e mail without your prior agreement and permission. It is our company policy to respond to your enquiry by telephone in the first instance and thereafter by standard mail. If you have any concerns or reservations in using e mail as a mode of communication with us, you may also elect to use the telephone or standard mail. We can accept no liability for any losses or damages as a result of the loss of confidentiality of the aforementioned information by e mail.
Copyright & Trademark:
All pages in this website, all screens displaying content and all information and material contained within this website is wholly owned by Equity Release Scotland.gov. Any reproduction, in whole or part, without the prior written consent of Lifemortgage UK Ltd is strictly prohibited.
We cannot warrant that our website will be free from any viruses or defects and cannot accept responsibility for any technical issues our users may suffer as a result of using our website. In the event of disruption to the use of this website as a result of us carrying out maintenance for any reason or purpose we will keep the said disruption to an absolute minimum.